Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Actor & SWATH Stunt Performer Joey Ansah Mentions working with Kristen


Ansah will be seen opposite Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth in Snow White and the Huntsman, the gothic fairy tale adaptation that features Charlize Theron as an exceptionally evil queen. 

How was the world premiere of Snow White and the Huntsman?
It was really cool. They went to a lot of effort, and re-opened Leicester Square so to speak, and themed it like the dark forest. Luckily it didn't rain! It's really nice. The last time I was at such a big premiere for a film I was playing a major part in was The Bourne Ultimatum, so it was nice to be back in that environment, if you know what I mean!

Sam Spruell is creepy, but did you get to see Charlize Theron in character at all?
She's unfortunately the only member of the cast I never met! She spent most of her time in the castle, which was the set, whereas I'm out in the field. I spend time with Kristen and Chris, all of the dwarves, the prince - just about everyone else I'm on screen with. 

How was Kristen Stewart to work with? She seems very unassuming, despite her fame.
I would say she's actually quite shy, you know? You can see in interviews she's quite shy, so it takes a while for her to warm up and trust you. You know how some people, not until you pass a certain level of trust and familiarity do they then relax and fully open up, and I'd say that's it. The first time I met Kristen was during horse riding training. We had a period of four weeks before filming got underway, where we were all riding every day with the stunt co-ordinators. Since I'm playing this scary dude who's trying to kill her, we kept our distance! We chatted again during the afterparty. I spent more time with Chris Hemsworth and Sam Claflin. They were great. Sam's really nice, really cool, and I'm sure he's got a bright career ahead of him. I guess both of us as up and comers, we had a lot to chat about. Hemsworth, I'm a big fan of - as a huge comic fan and I really dug his portrayal of Thor, so I was well excited just to meet him and chat to him. He's super laid-back. He's got oodles of charisma; Chris is one of those people who walks into a room and you know about it. There's not a bad word you could say about these guys behind closed doors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?