Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vanity Fair Honors Kristen Stewart a Year Before Twilight Mania Began



Vanity Fair knows exactly who’s in and who’s not. Back in 2007, the magazine featured Kristen Stewart for their “Vanities Section” even before the Twilight mania began.

Since September 2006, Vanity Fair has been featuring a full-page 50s-styled pinup portrait of a promising young star the magazine chooses for each month. The magazine describes the pinup featured stars as “names you need to know and faces you won’t have trouble remembering.”
On April 2007, Kristen Stewart became one of these featured stars as seen on the picture (above) photographed by James White. On the Vanity Fair website:

“Age: 17. Provenance: North Hollywood, California. You first glimpsed her as … Jodie Foster’s doppelgänger daughter in Panic Room (2002). “[Director] David Fincher does a lot of takes,” Stewart says. "There was this one scene we must have done, like, 80 times. I didn’t know that it wasn’t the norm. Now I wouldn’t be as chill with it … ” Because now she’s a prolific industry veteran, with four films due out this year. Namely, In the Land of Women, The Messengers, The Cake Eaters (the directorial debut of Mary Stuart Masterson, with Stewart in the lead role), and Sean Penn’s Into the Wild, based on the Jon Krakauer book. But is this the life for her? Not necessarily: “I want to go to college for literature. I want to be a writer. I mean, I love what I do, but it’s not all I want to do—be a professional liar for the rest of my life.” Still, Kristen’s no brooder: “I love big-band music, and I’m taking swing classes now. I can’t wait till I’m going to be able to be tossed up in the air.”

Yes, Kristen has been acting since she was 8, but it was only until she became Bella Swan in Twilight film and played opposite Robert Pattinson did Kristen Stewart became an international star. With the Twilight sequel “New Moon” to start filming on March, and three films (“Welcome to the Rileys,” “The Runaways” and “K-11″) on the works, Vanity Fair had their prediction spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?